Seriously Beware of Collectibles with Causes / Works of Life

30 Jan

Somebody claiming to be Cameron Arballo from Works of Life called both my wife’s and sister’s places of employment and left threatening messages saying that he knows where she/we/I live, amongst other creepy things.

I’ve never said anything about Mr Arballo. I’d only heard of him in comments other people left in response to the 2+ year old blog post about my less than smooth experience with Works of Life / Collectibles with Causes. There you’ll find other peoples’ tales and accusations, not mine. My story summarizes sketchy communication problems and delays I dealt with. Nothing more.

I guess the moral of the story is, if you don’t have a great experience with one of Cameron’s many charities, don’t say anything about it or he (or somebody claiming to be him) will threaten your family.

EDIT:
If you’ve had bad dealings with him or his charity, this guy is looking for evidence and would appreciate your help.

Ken Marrero
Investigator
Division of Charitable Solicitations, Fantasy Sports, and Gaming
Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett
312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue, 8th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243
Office 615-253-4575 Fax 615-253-5173

7 Responses to “Seriously Beware of Collectibles with Causes / Works of Life”

1. Larry Sellers February 1, 2017 at 6:07 pm #

Can I have a contact number?

• Dan Dreifort February 1, 2017 at 7:48 pm #

I don’t make a habit of giving out anybody’s contact info, even when it belongs to people harassing me, but allegedly Cameron’s is publicly available.

I’d never heard of this dude Cameron until somebody mentioned him in a comment thread on this site two years ago. *I hadn’t thought of him since*, until he started menacing me and my family two days ago. I used to have neither opinion of nor knowledge of the guy; my limited recent exposure to him makes me long for those days.

2. Larry Sellers March 7, 2017 at 10:15 pm #

If you want information about Cameron Arballo(Works of Life). He is under investigation right now by the FBI and Fresno PD. Give me contact information and I will forward copies to you. You would be surprised to know Camerons name is no where to be found but he is the only one on all bank accounts. His alias is the secretary and treasurer. His puppet Tim Yarbrough(President) left because of the investigation. Im told it is in the prosecution phase by the FBI.

• Dan Dreifort March 8, 2017 at 12:58 pm #

Thanks, but no. The less I have to do with this guy and his organizations, the better. …But thank you!

There’s a guy in TN going after him Contact him with your story, if you want.

Ken Marrero
      Investigator
      Division of Charitable Solicitations, Fantasy Sports, and Gaming
      Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett
      312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue, 8th Floor
      Nashville, TN 37243
      Office 615-253-4575 Fax 615-253-5173

• Nellie April 12, 2017 at 4:13 pm #

Hello Larry

I am interested in the copies you have regarding Cameron. Would you forward those to me?

3. Tania March 8, 2017 at 8:11 pm #

If anyone has a complaint related to donations gone awry with transactions with Works of Life, Works of Life Ministries, Inc., Works of Life International Ministries, Inc and Mr. Arballo, and any related dbas- whether incorporated in California or Nevada, please refer them to the California Registry of Charitable Trusts. The complaint form can be downloaded on the website

Thanks

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Beware Donating to Collectibles with Causes | Dan Dreifort - January 30, 2017

[…] Somebody claiming to be Cameron Arballo from Works of Life called my both my wife’s and sister’s places of emplo… saying that he knows where she lives. Conveniently, these conversations were recorded. I’m […]

You got sumthin' to say?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Swine Flu Tracker

Swine Flu News and Information

Grown Up Book Reports

Book reviews with a healthy dollop of snark

Ethan McCarty